Sunday, July 11, 2010

Elegant Ivory Hexagonal Wedding Cake with Edible Sugar Brooch

We have been so fortunate this Summer, we've done one fabulous cake after another for wonderful clients. Last night we had the great pleasure of creating the Bride's cake, Groom's sweets, and party favors for Courtney Crummel and Gif Summers, now officially Mr and Mrs Summers! I first met with Courtney and her mother several months ago and it was clear to me that she wanted something really special for her wedding. She wanted her cake to be unique but not necessarily "trendy". We combined an elegant tone on tone ivory and champagne palette with hexagonal tiers in varying heights and an edible sugar brooch to achieve just the right mix of tradition, sophistication, and "of the moment" flair.


The edible brooch was definitely a show-stopper!



The royal icing stenciling with over-piping and sugar pearls was elegant and timeless


The groom was decidedly "not a cake man" and wanted to have cupcakes and mini pies and tartlets instead of the traditional groom's cake. I like a man who knows what he wants! His goodies included Chocolate Obsession and Caramel Cream Cupcakes, Lemon Meringue Tartlets and Mini Apple Pies with Crumb Topping and Caramel Drizzle. I heard today that the impatient guests wiped out the sweets before the bride and groom were even announced!!


For the 300 guest favors we created 4 varieties of Chocolate Dipped Pretzels and placed them in cellophane bags tied off with champagne ribbon.


I often get "attached" to the cakes I create for my clients but this one was particularly hard to let go of. My girls had to practically pry it out of my hands!!

www.sublimebakery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment